Deicide is the word for a god-killing or god-killer, based on the Latin words deus 'god' and some form related to the verb caedo 'strike down, slay.'
Related to deicide are many other words for killing. English Word Information supplies 12 pages of -cide words. Here is an abbreviated list of 12 related to topics in ancient history and classical myths. Your job, if you choose to accept, is to determine the relevant events/people/etc. in Ancient/Classical History. As usual, please post in the comments.
- Apricide (where the first part of the word comes from the word for 'boar')
- Felicide (...word for 'cat')
- Ethnocide (...'culture, ethnic group, larger community')
- Filicide (...'son/daughter')
- Giganticide (...'giant')
- Mariticide (...'husband')
- Matricide (...'mother')
- Socrucide (...'father or mother of one's spouse')
- Tauricide (...'bull/steer')
- Urbicide (...'city')
- Uxoricide (...'wife')
- Vaticide (...'prophet')
Update:10/05/10 - I have added a note (See #xx on Thursday's -cide words to learn) on pages on this site illustrating the -cidal word in question.