Odysseus, after his own mad draft-dodging escapade, uncovered the transvestite Achilles by means of a ruse. He brought trinkets to the court of King Lycomedes and all the young women took appropriate baubles, but Achilles was drawn to the one masculine item, a sword.
Trojan War FAQ Index
- Who created the Trojan Horse?
- Where in Homer is the Trojan Horse?
- Was Achilles in the Trojan Horse?
- Who was king of Athens during the Trojan War?
- Where does the expression "the face that launched 1000 ships" come from?
- Where does the expression "beware of Greeks bearing gifts" come from?
- Who is the son of Achilles?
- Did Hector kill Menelaus (king of Sparta)? | Did Hector kill Ajax?
- How did Agamemnon die?
- Who was Briseis?