Question: How Tall Was the Great Pyramid?
Answer: The tallest of a cluster of three pyramids at Giza, the Great Pyramid was originally about 146 meters tall, but it has lost about 10 meters in height over the millennia. Erosion and burial in sand contribute to the shrinkage. The base of the Great Pyramid is about 55,000 meters.
Egypt FAQ Index
- How tall was the Great Pyramid?
- For whom was the Great Pyramid Built?
- Is it hieroglyphic or hieroglyph?
- What were the 10 plagues in Egypt?
- What is the Great Sphinx?
- Who was the boy king Tutankhamen?
- What were the canopic jars for?