Definition: Name and Function/Identity
- An (Babylonian: Anu) god of heaven; may have been the main god before 2500 B.C.
- Ninhursag (Babylonian: Aruru, Mammi) mother goddess; progenitor with An of the gods; assists in creation of man.
- Enlil (Babylonian: Ellil) god or air; pantheon leader from 2500 B.C.; father of the gods; king of heaven & earth.
- Enki (Babylonian: Ea) lord of the abyss, semen & wisdom; god of water, creation, fertility.
- Nanna (Babylonian: Sin) moon god.
- Inanna (Babylonian: Ishtar) love and war.
- Utu (Babylonian: Shamash) god of the sun and justice.
- Ninlil (Babylonian: Mullitu, Mylitta) bride of Enlil .