Indus Valley to 500 BC
From Frank Smitha's site. Shows rivers and mountain ranges, as well as major areas of civilization.
Also see Smitha's Empire of Asoka
- Range of Indus Valley Civilizations
Map showing the range of civilizations centered on Harappa and Mohenjodara.
- Harappan Sites in Northwest India
Major sites of the late Harappan Localization Era.
- Four Old World River Cultures
Mesopotamia, Indus Valley, Nile, and Yellow River.
- Span of the Mauryan Empire
- From Richard Hooker's World Cultures Site:
The Gupta Empire in India lasted from about 320-550 when military leaders and kings Chandragupta I (c. 319-335), Samudragupta (c. 335-376), and Chandragupta II (c. 376-415) brought together northern India. The period is called the "golden age" because of the relative peace, law and order, and cultural achievements, again, in northern India.