Bronze Age Greece
Dark Age Greece
Archaic Age Greece
5th Century B.C.
The Peloponnesian War was over: Athens lost its supremacy. Meanwhile, the Romans begin their journey to Mediterranean supremacy.
In the table below, in the right column are links to pages on the Ancient / Classical History site related to the time periods listed on the left.
- Capture of Veii.
- Roman soldiers paid by the state.
c. 395 B.C.:
- (Apology) Defense of Socrates by Plato.
- Agesipolis I Spartan king.
c. 393 B.C.:
- Battle of Corinth.
- Battle of Cnidus.
- Solar Eclipse.
- Battle of Coronea.
- Defense of Socrates by Xenophon.
- The Ecclesiazusae by Aristophanes.
- Dionysius defeats Carthaginians led by Mago.
- Romans begin conquest of Italy.
c. 390 B.C.:
- Memoirs of Socrates by Xenophon.
- Charmides, Protagoras, Laches, Euthydemus, by Plato.