About Bulfinch's Mythology:
Unlike Nathaniel Hawthorne who retold Roman and Greek mythology for children, Thomas Bulfinch wrote stories about Greek and Roman mythology for adults as well as the young. Much of his mythology comes from his own translations of the Roman poet Ovid's Metamorphoses.
Thomas Bulfinch was born in Newton, Massachusetts, U.S.A., the son of architect Charles Bulfinch.
Bulfinch attended Boston Latin School, Phillips Exeter Academy, and Harvard University.
Bulfinch worked as a bank clerk and wrote starting in middle age.
- Hebrew Lyrical History.
- The Age of Fable: Or Stories of Gods and Heroes.
- The Age of Chivalry.
- The Boy Inventor: A Memoir of Matthew Edwards, Mathematical-Instrument Maker.
- Legends of Charlemagne.
- Poetry of the Age of Fable.
- Shakespeare Adapted for Reading Classes.
- Oregon and Eldorado.
- Bulfinch's Mythology: Age of Fable, Age of Chivalry, Legends of Charlemagne.