No wrapping your little brother in sheets, this is the real stuff modified only slightly.
Difficulty Level: average Time Required: 55 days
- Get four jars to hold the liver, lungs, intestines, and stomach. Keep the heart inside the body and discard the other internal body organs.
- Poke a rod with a hook on it through the nasal cavity to pull out the brain. Stuff the head with tree resin and sawdust.
- Soak the body in natron for 40 days. Then put the body on an inclining couch so the liquids and natron fall to the bottom into a pan. Discard.
- Rub the body with olibanum oil to make the skin supple.
- Pack the body to make it more lifelike (with spices or sawdust).
- Use wax to seal any incisions.
- Tear fine linen into strips 16 yards long and 2-8 inches wide.
- Wrap the smaller extremities (toes and fingers) first.
- Next, wrap the limbs, and finally, the torso.
- Sing appropriate chants over each body part.
- Secure linen with tree resin.
- Tuck in an amulet after every few layers.
- You'll need over 1000 yards of fine linen.
- The wrapping should take 15 days. .
- Natron is a drying solution from the Nile area. It's similar to baking soda and salt